Local Campaign Pledges
Defend our NHS and protect St Helier Hospital: we will fight for at least £220m for a modernised full acute service St Helier Hospital plus a Cancer Hub supported by London’s Mayor as well as more money for carers
Give all children a chance to achieve their potential: We want to increase comprehensive secondary places available in central and south Sutton, plus achieve universal free school meals and childcare.
Protect Our Local Environment: we will demand a public Inquiry into the abysmal delivery of the Council’s new bin scheme and fight the building of a school on Rosehill Park.
Make our neighbourhoods safer: we will work with the Mayor of London to secure more frontline police in your neighbourhood and introduce stronger rights for victims.
A Fair and Safe Brexit: Labour will seek to retain the benefits of the EU Single Market & Customs Union plus an EU Rights and Protections Bill.
Labour’s 6 Key National Pledges
1) Increased funding for the NHS with more nurses and doctors to give patients the care they need.
2) A Real Living Wage of £10 an hour and no increase in Income Tax or National Insurance for 95% of people.
3) A Green Industrial Revolution creating 400,000 jobs.
4) Free school meals for all primary school children and reduced class sizes for all 5, 6 and 7 year olds.
5) Keep the Winter Fuel Allowance, free TV licences and bus passes for all pensioners.
6) A public vote on any Brexit deal. Labour will campaign to Remain against No Deal or a bad Tory Deal.
Key Labour Policy Commitments:
- Labour will create jobs and protect living standards. Working people are set to be on average over £1,400 worse off a year, many are in insecure jobs and six million people earn less than the living wage. Labour will invest in infrastructure, skills training, co-operative businesses & a £10 per hour Living Wage.
- Labour will deliver affordable homes for all. The Tories can’t fix Britain’s housing crisis. Under them house-building fell to its lowest level since the 1920s & home ownership is the lowest for a generation. Labour will build 1 million homes in 5 years to rent & buy, scrapping letting fees & creating a charter of private tenant’s rights.
- Our NHS can’t take 5 more years of the Tories. Our NHS is at breaking point under the Tories cuts, closures and privatisation – waiting lists have soared to around 3.8 million and it’s getting harder than ever to see your local GP. Labour will strongly reaffirm the NHS as a fully public service, free at the point of use.