Local Campaign Pledges and 2018 Local Manifesto
Defend our NHS and protect St Helier Hospital: we will fight for at least £220m for a modernised full acute service St Helier Hospital plus a Cancer Hub supported by London’s Mayor as well as more money for carers
Give all children a chance to achieve their potential: We want to increase comprehensive secondary places available in central and south Sutton, plus achieve universal free school meals and childcare.
Protect Our Local Environment: we will demand a public Inquiry into the abysmal delivery of the Council’s new bin scheme and fight the building of a school on Rosehill Park.
Make our neighbourhoods safer: we will work with the Mayor of London to secure more frontline police in your neighbourhood and introduce stronger rights for victims.
Labour’s Key National Pledges
1) Increased funding for the NHS with more nurses and doctors to give patients the care they need.
2) A Real Living Wage of £10 an hour and no increase in Income Tax or National Insurance for 95% of people.
3) A Green Industrial Revolution creating 400,000 jobs.
4) Free school meals for all primary school children and reduced class sizes for all 5, 6 and 7 year olds.
5) Keep the Winter Fuel Allowance, free TV licences and bus passes for all pensioners.
Key Labour Policy Commitments:
- Labour will create jobs and protect living standards. Working people are set to be on average over £1,400 worse off a year, many are in insecure jobs and six million people earn less than the living wage. Labour will invest in infrastructure, skills training, co-operative businesses & a £10 per hour Living Wage.
- Labour will deliver affordable homes for all. The Tories can’t fix Britain’s housing crisis. Under them house-building fell to its lowest level since the 1920s & home ownership is the lowest for a generation. Labour will build 1 million homes in 5 years to rent & buy, scrapping letting fees & creating a charter of private tenant’s rights.
- Our NHS can’t take 5 more years of the Tories. Our NHS is at breaking point under the Tories cuts, closures and privatisation – waiting lists have soared to around 3.8 million and it’s getting harder than ever to see your local GP. Labour will strongly reaffirm the NHS as a fully public service, free at the point of use.
Labour National Manifesto 2019
This is the Manifesto Labour stood on in 2019. A copy is here.
Labour National Manifesto 2017
This Manifesto caught the national zeitgeist which saw Labour rise in the Polls from 29% when it was leaked to 41% by the end of the campaign. A copy is here.
National Policy Development
Labour Leader Keir Starmer set out 10 Pledges when he stood for election to the post in 2020. They are listed here.
The Labour Party has an annual Policy Development Programme, plus there is a two year Policy Review currently going on. More details on that are on the Labour National Policy Forum website.