Save Our Ticket Offices!
Save Our Ticket Offices in Sutton: Have Your Say Today!
The ticket offices at several train stations in Sutton are under threat of closure. The closure of station offices could greatly impact our community, making our stations less accessible and leaving vulnerable passengers without the support they rely on. A clear majority of the public in opinion polls, support their retention.
Make a difference today!
Your voice matters in this crucial issue. Train companies like Thameslink, Southern and South Western, who operate the stations in our borough, have launched consultations proposing the closure of ticket offices. We encourage you and every local resident to participate in the consultation and share your views. Over half a million people across the UK have now submitted their views to the consultation.
Take action now!
There are five things to do at present:
- Sign these three petitions against the closures here and here and here.
- Get more information on the campaign from ASLEF, TSSA and RMT unions.
- Watch the recording of the recent short online rally against closures sponsored by the Daily Mirror with Tanni Grey-Thompson, Andy Burnham and Mick Lynch speaking here.
- Send a short email expressing concern to your MP here.
- Go to the links below and take part in the consultation and share your views on the proposed closure of ticket offices at Sutton’s train stations. Together, we can fight to keep our stations open and ensure equal access to reliable and convenient train service for everyone in Sutton. The original deadline was Wednesday 26 July 2023 but this has now been extended to Friday 1 September 2023 so make sure your voice is heard. Below are the links to each local rail operating company and the national consultation form is below that: